25th Nov, 2020
Marcom, , Designation
In today’s time, webinars are considered to be one of the most powerful marketing tools which has helped organisations to increase their brand visibility, generate leads and finally convert the leads into customers.
Here is a complete guide about everything you need to know while conducting a webinar. Let’s start from the basics:
What is a webinar?
Webinar is an online event where virtual audience can participate. Webinar can be streamed both live and recorded.
How to host a webinar?
Webinar as mentioned earlier is considered to be one of the best ways to generate leads in today’s time. In order to host a successful webinar, firstly you need to finalise a topic that should be relevant for your target audience.
After selecting the topic, you need to decide upon the platform on which you need to host the webinar. Make sure that the platform you decide is user friendly, there are platform like Zoom, GoToWebinar, Teams, Google Hangout etc. which are widely used for hosting the webinar.
You also need a suitable device with stable internet connection equipped with a microphone and camera to broadcast your voice and video. Once the above things are in place, you need to chalk out the promotion plan to attract your target audience.
How to prepare for a webinar?
Once you have decided your goals for the webinar, decide on the following:
- Select a relevant topic that will be addressing the pain points of your target audience.
- Select a relevant date considering holidays etc.
- The ultimate goal is to have as many attendees as possible, for this to happen you need to create a registration form and circulate it within your target audience.
- Have the best promotion plan in place so that you can create as much awareness as possible about your event.
How to promote your webinar?
Webinar promotions can take place in the following ways:
- Social media – Countdown posts, other relevant posts, social media ads on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter will help you reach out to a wider audience.
- Email Invitation – Email is still considered to be the best and most targeted way of communicating with you audience
- Website – Create a call to action for webinar visitors to register for the webinar. Write a blog article on the topic of the webinar and incorporate the registration link in it.
How to prepare your content for the webinar?
As per research report the best way to divide your webinar content is into these three-part:
- 15 minutes of introduction to the topic, host and company
- 25 minutes talking about the topic, mentioning the challenges, how to be future ready etc.
- 15 minutes of Q&A for audience interaction
Do not make your presentation content heavy, use more images, infographics, pie charts etc. Do not forget to have multiple dry runs for the webinar on the selected platform.
How to make your webinar engaging?
It is important to have a two-way communication while conducting a webinar in order to grasp the attention of your audience. You can conduct small surveys, polls quizzes etc while hosting the webinar for making it engaging.
It is important to have a moderator during the webinar as he/she can handle all the questions popping up in the Q&A or chat section.
It is also important that the speakers and the moderators have their webcam on, so that the audience can see them as it creates a personal touch. . Put the recording of your webinar on your website, share the link on your Youtube channel and on other social media platforms, this will help you to continuously generate leads. Refurbish the webinar content and draft blogs, Infographics and Ebooks from it.
How to select the speaker for the webinar?
Here are some of the skills required for a good speaker:
- Great communication skills
- Should have a sense of humour to be able to keep the audience engaged with his/her quick witty sentences
- Be patient and allow people to connect with the session
- Provide great content and conversations
- Should be ready with relevant study materials, to be able to answer the audience
- Have fast typing skills
- Should be thorough with the webinar platform selected
How to generate leads through webinar?
Webinar is considered one of the hottest way to generate leads as people who have registered for the webinar have already revealed a level of committed.
- Have a proper registration form in place- It is advisable to ask for all the essential details while filling in the registration form.
- Select the details you want to collect – You can go ahead with basic information like name, email id or can collect detailed information like phone no, name of the company, designation etc.
- Discover the list – Use the registration list for follow-ups or for email marketing purpose
What are the problems you should be prepare with while conducting a webinar?
Here are few of the problems you should be prepared with:
- Device hangs or crashes – It is advisable to login from two devices, in case one of the system crashes you have a backup ready. Also reduce the number of background tasks running to avoid processor overload.
- Internet not working – Turn your mobile handset into temporary hotspot so that there is not disturbance while the webinar is going on.
- Absence of a speaker – Always be ready with backup speaker to avoid last minute rush.
Equipped with all this knowledge, now you are ready to host a successful webinar.